Fortress Singapore: The Battlefield Guide
Contributors & Editors: Maj. Yap Siang Yong, Romen Bose, Angeline Pang, Kuldip Singh, Lisa Lim, Germain Foo
This latest edition of Fortress Singapore has been revised and updated, and now includes new site maps and photographs, additional historic sites and a bibliography.
– An authoritative day-to-day account of the battle for Singapore.
– More than 100 photographs that capture the shock and terror of war, the hardship of the Occupation days and the events that made heroes of men.
– A pictorial tour of 20 war sites from battlefield to POW camps, with new chapters on the Sarimbun Beach Battle Site and the Johore Battery.
– Updated site maps and visitor information.
– A full colour fold-out map illustrating the Malayan Campaign—British defences in 1941, the strategy of the Allied troops and the route of the Japanese invasion that brought the British Empire to its knees in seven days.
Cover Type: Paperback
Page Count: 128
Year Published: 2011