Funding for Start-ups: A guide to fundraising
- About the Author
Providing a road map on the intricacies and nuances of fundraising, the key issues likely to be faced with investors and the legal documentation needed to get fundraising off the ground.
- With Singapore taking the top spot for start-up talent and new government policies rolled out to establish Singapore as an attractive location for start-ups, this is a timely guide on how to raise funds for start-ups.
- Explains the legal aspects of different approaches to fundraising and fundraising in phases.
- Provides insight into the mindset of investors and guidance on how to handle fundraising negotiations.
A research report in 2017 by the Start-up Genome project, a US-based think-tank, stated that Singapore had overtaken Silicon Valley to become number one in the world for start-up talent. With the Singapore government successfully rolling out innovative new policies to establish Singapore as an attractive location for setting up new start-ups, Funding for Start-ups is a timely book on how to raise funds for new start-ups.
This book covers areas such as the legal aspects of different approaches to fundraising, explains fundraising in phases, how to perfect a pitch to an investor, understanding the mindset of an investor, and handling negotiations in the fundraising process.
This is the first title in a new 3-book series to provide legal information and anecdotal guidance on the essentials of setting up new start-ups. The second and third titles are:
- Managing Manpower for Start-ups
- Managing Legal Risks & Disputes for Start-ups
Samuel Yuen is the founding and managing director of Yuen Law LLC, a Singapore Law Practice. Called to the Singapore Bar in 2001, Samuel specialises in Corporate and Commercial laws, including laws concerning tangible and intangible assets such as Intellectual Property. Samuel has previously practiced in the corporate and securities law departments of a large local firm as well as local boutique law practices. His clientele is diverse and multinational, and includes large MNCs, listed companies, SMEs, start-ups, social entrepreneurs and private individuals, notably hailing from Singapore, ASEAN, USA, India, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Russia, UK, Germany, Italy, France and South America.
Cover Type: Paperback
Page Count: 213
Year Published: 2020